From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arslist@ARSLIST.ORG] On Behalf Of strauss
Sent: Thursday, July 14, 2011 11:46 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: Print button not working on Midtier

They tried to get us to go metric, decades ago; no one here cared, except for
the military; we learned to blow stuff up by either the mile or the kilometer,
depending upon which maps we got.

The reports have the paper size embedded in them, and try to send that to your
default printer; Remedy Corp originally shipped crystal reports defined for 8
1/2 x 11, but they gradually started slipping in A sizes, then releasing
replacement reports with standard letter size when we complained.  In one
version (4 or 5.5?) I think I had to export all of the canned reports and
manually change them, then re-import them; guess I'll have to try that again.
You would _think_ that when you pick your language default during installation
(en_US here) that they could import reports with the correct paper size, but I
guess that's too hard.  One more way to irritate your IT support staff so that
they want you to switch products...

Christopher Strauss, Ph.D.
Call Tracking Administration Manager
http://itsm.unt.edu/