From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arslist@ARSLIST.ORG] On Behalf Of Jiri Pospisil
Sent: Friday, July 15, 2011 3:52 AM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: Possible issues with 7.6.04.01 Pre-Load

Regarding your point no. 2, I have seen the same issue in our environment
(though we are on 7.6.03 version), i.e. AREA plugin thread crashing when
mid-tier was pre-loading its cache.
The cause was user impersonation calls being issued by mid-tier as these have
the password set to NULL (as oppose to something or an empty string) and our
custom plugin for authentication was not able to cope with that.
Had to update the custom authentication plugin code to check for NULL values in
password and then all worked fine.

At the end, I turned the pre-loading off as well as cache persistence.
Pre-loading put so much load on the production box, that users could hardly do
anything for a while. Persistent cache was getting corrupt on a regular basis
and only way to rebuild it was to flush the cache and restart Tomcat. Our
environment is 7.6.03 running apache/tomcat bundled with the install on MS
Windows Server 2003.

Hope this is of some help.

Regards
Jiri Pospisil