CMDB:

Here's a suggestion... ESS@Work

How about downloading a pre-built Pink Elephant verified No COST (ITSM/CMDB)
solution?

BTW: I spoke to several folks who have downloaded the ESS@Work solution
recently and they
like what they see.  Their only concern seems to be it's not BMC's "canned"
product.

Right, it's managements view of the big guy vs the little guy, I get it.

Ok so where is the rub?  Need a solution that you can customize?  A solution
that won't break the
bank, yes BMC's ITSM is six (figures) and then some.

Need security?

Interesting, on our website there is an itemized (albeit optional)  Price List
including the cost for SOURCE CODE
if you want that extra level of security.  That's right, the entire solution
source code, licensed to your company.

Check it out.  Download a copy of ESS@Work today.  Join the ESS@Work List
server and share experiences.easily

http://www,buoyantsolutions.net