From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arslist@ARSLIST.ORG] On Behalf Of Chowdhury, Tauf
Sent: Wednesday, August 10, 2011 9:58 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: Request Console vs. Direct Entry

**

Are you talking about the OOB requester console that comes with Service Desk or
the Service Request Management module? Either way, there is some functionality
lost such as being able to see the "Open tickets" table. It all depends on what
the requirement is. If all your users want to do is enter a request and forget
about it, then having a "direct entry form" as you call it should be fine.
Anything else, go with the requester console.
I guess the question is... why don't you want to use the OOB entry form and why
do you want to use the direct entry form?