If I understand what you want to do, there are different ways of reaching
your goal and opinions will vary on which is the best design. Perhaps the
simplest would be via table-field that reads from your "questions" form with
workflow to record (push) "answers" to wherever you like. So, it sounds like
you need to open the "Workflow Objects Guide" (presume v7.6.04) and read:
"Using active link guides in client-side table fields" (if you want to do
this client-side)
"Using a filter guide to loop through a table field" (if you want to do this
server-side)

As for performance, unless you have a metric ton of answers to process in
bulk/all-at-once (much more than 20), I don't think that the uncalibrated
human eye-ball would notice any reasonably objectionable performance issues
-- presuming your servers and network are decent.

If the user is triggering workflow to push the answer separately for each
question, then the performance would be about the same, whether it's one
answer or a million (presuming they aren't writing a book in the answer
field).

-JDHood