From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arslist@ARSLIST.ORG] On Behalf Of Misi Mladoniczky
Sent: Wednesday, October 12, 2011 4:10 AM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: Next Request ID Block Size - Info required

Hi,

A failed submit has never left a gap in the id range until the
Next-ID-Commit:T was introduced.

I have depended on this since version 2.0 of the AR System.

There are many cases when it is useful, or required, to have an unbroken
serial number.

You can build your own workflow to try to accomplish this, but it is not
that easy to make it right, and it involves meddling with the filter
phasing and database commits...

Historically, the next-id-generation has been a dependable counter!

Products from RRR Scandinavia (Best R.O.I. Award at WWRUG10/11):