No, next id blocks operate at the server level, not the thread level.

Mark

________________________________
From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList) [arslist@ARSLIST.ORG] On
Behalf Of Rick Cook [remedyr...@gmail.com]
Sent: 12 October 2011 18:50
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: Next Request ID Block Size - Info required

** Yup.  That's correct, and has been expanded upon by Misi to include Threads,
Mark.  So I think your equation is actually B X S X T = allocated IDs.  To what
degree a customer might care about that will vary, and most probably won't as
long as they know the cause.  But why introduce even a minor annoyance like
that without a good reason, especially since the usage and scope of the setting
seems to be expanding?  It seems that BMC knows a good bit more about the
function and pros/cons of this setting than is documented for their customers
who aren't reading threads like this one.  Given that set of circumstances,
changing a default setting seems premature, if not misguided.  The setting
should be given as an option to those few customers who will benefit from it,
not foist upon all who must now change it or live with its somewhat quirky
consequences.

Rick

On Wed, Oct 12, 2011 at 10:40 AM, Walters, Mark