Wow.  I've always used joins and outer joins to manage the data in the two
tables, using active links to push data to the underlying forms.   This is
a simpler approach using a local field to help limit the values returned to
each table.  Then you'd also be able to show the proposed changes without
already writing them to the database.  And give the user a chance to click
a save/commit button. good tip guys!