A single interface for creating incidents could be defined that optionally
allows the use of a template.  Use the structure of an XML document as a
guide.  XML documents have elements and attributes.  Elements can be
defined as having one, zero or more, etc.  The same is true of attributes;
they can be optional or required.  The interface, if defined as an XML DTD,
could have a number of optional elements and attributes.

<incident
  group="Support Group1"
  prority="Urgent">
    <tasks>
        <task
          sequence=1>
            group="Support Group2"
        </task>
    <tasks>
</incident>

The elements and attributes that the interface defines could be defined as
required, optional, etc. as a DTD allows.  This allows 1 interface to
create an incident with the information that is available, as long as the
prerequisites are met.

I do not know that it is necessary to encapsulate all capabilities in the
interfaces, just those that need to be exposed to allow other applications
to interact with the application in the ways that things need to interact
with the application.

A single service could be designed to accept either a group name or group
id for creating an incident.  It would still be a single service.

Similarly, a search incident interface would need to be defined, but that
could allow 1 or more fields to be searched.  You could expose all the
fields to search against, that is fine, they do not all have to be
required.  You use the ones you want when talking to the interface and it
parses your request and processes and returns as it should.

It would be a massive effort indeed, and it may go nowhere.  This is an
exploration of how things could be, not where they are or where they are
going.  Many times, discussing the possibilities is the first step in
making a change.  Discuss the ideal scenario and take away from it what you
can.  Will the takeaway be 100% of the ideal scenario, doubtful.

Axton Grams