From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arslist@ARSLIST.ORG] On Behalf Of strauss
Sent: Wednesday, November 16, 2011 12:41 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: Overlay objects named __o : common knowledge?

There is a patch to the 7.6.04.01 arserver.exe for at least one bug with
auditing for ITSM overlays that we obtained in July by opening an issue with
support.  There may have been more defects identified since then, but applying
this patch allowed the OOTB audit logging on the Incident and related ITSM
forms to resume (that had stopped after upgrading to 7.6.04.00) after some
"jiggling" of the form:

I had to open the following overlaid, audited forms in Base Development Mode,
toggle Form Properties - Audit - Audit Only Changed Fields to Yes or No, then
back to Default (no saving of form required), and then the overlay began
showing the correct Audit Log Form information as well.
HPD:Help Desk
PBM:Known Error
PBM:Problem Investigation
PBM:Solution Database
TMS:Task
After that, editing any existing records in these forms created new Audit Log
entries.

It took a restart the SQL Server underneath the ARSystem db before auditing was
restored to the CTM:People form.  Toggling the Form Properties was not enough.

Action Request System(R) Server x64 Version 7.6.04 SP1 HotFix 01 201107051610

I don't doubt that there are other hotfixes that came out after this one, and
of course now there is SP2.  All bets are off on SP2; based upon our problems
so far with just the installers, it may re-introduce problems that we got
hotfixes for, so I will have to test everything again.

Christopher Strauss, Ph.D.
Call Tracking Administration Manager
http://itsm.unt.edu/