From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arslist@ARSLIST.ORG] On Behalf Of Joe Martin D'Souza
Sent: Thursday, December 08, 2011 11:33 AM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: Application-Query-Delete-Entry

End Date as Linda pointed out should be a field on that form you are
searching for, represented by 'End Date' in the qualification and not $End
Date$..

That being said, LJ's suggestion is right..

The qualification should be in the Run If of the Escalation and the run
process should be

Application-Delete-Entry $SCHEMA$ $Request ID$

Having an Escalation with no Run If instructs it to be run over the entire
data table. You do not want to do that in case you have like a million or
more records in it.. It may probably hang the escalation thread waiting for
it to complete..

Also a faster way to do it would be to 'mark that entry for deletion' using
a tag on a field created for that. This would mean that the Escalation would
do a single update to that table which is a faster operation that multiple
deletes and be done with it.. Create a filter that runs if the $USER$ is
AR_ESCALATOR and the flag for delete is set, to delete that entry. So on a
fairly large set of data, although the deletes are still potentially
happening triggered by that filter, the escalation thread has already
finished processing the escalation and is ready to take on a new job..

Joe