Thad,
I'm learning too. For your dr, are you doing dso or data replication to sync up
data between prod to dr?

For dso, I'm not sure the configuration.
For data replication, configuration exactly like production on dr environment.
So, our dr stay is a dormant state, until invoke. When invoked, we do a dns
change pointing dr server to an alias, and start app. So instead of server
name, server host name,  try an alias.

Sincerely,
D.Dussie