LJ,

Thanks for your detailed response, it is appreciated.  I am doing disaster
recovery, where my off-site server will be dormant until needed.  The
database is already being replicated using Oracle Data Guard.  I was
planning on taking my production filesystem, tar'ring it up and moving it
to the DR server.  With what you are saying, I won't need to update any of
the directory paths, correct?  Things like /etc/arsystem/remedyprod/ are
what concern me.  I'm working with a deadline that doesn't give me time to
change the production server name to use an alias, get the various
integrations and clients re-configured, and tested.  (However, I'll
definitely be setting up our 7.6.04 environment correctly from the start.)
My config would look like:
Prod ar.conf:
          Server-Name:  remedyprod
          Server-Connect-Name:  <not configured, since the hostname is also
remedyprod>

Failover ar.conf:
          Server-Name:  remedyprod
          Server-Connect-Name:  remedy-dr-hostname

On failover, the network guys will change the remedyprod DNS entry to point
to the DR server's IP address, and I should be able to bring the AR server
up. (of course, mid-tier too)

Since this is disaster recovery and not high availability, I'm not planning
on doing any other kind of server group configuration, or does the use of
the above settings mandate that?

Does being in a DR configuration (vs. HA) change the answer you gave about
the email engine?

Thanks again for you help.  Funny how far one can go without having to
understand some of the basics.  :-)

Thad