Hello,

We are having peculiar symptoms when importing some definition files. (The
definition files were exported from a 7.6.04SP1 system.)

If I export a deployable application or a fairly large set of forms and related
workflow (say 40 forms), I am able to import the definitions into a NEWLY
installed AR 7.6.04SP1 system with no problems.  But, if I try to import this
same file into an UPGRADED 7.6.04SP1 system, the import fails.  There are no
errors and the import appears to terminate normally, but nothing is actually
imported.  If I decrease the number of objects to 4 or 5 forms then it will
import ok.  Again, notice that it works flawlessly with a NEWLY installed AR
7.6 but only fails when trying to import to any of our UPGRADED 7.6 systems.
All these upgraded systems appear to function and perform properly from a user
perspective.

While running the import against one of the upgraded 7.6 systems, I enabled API
and SQL logging, but there are no API or ORA errors.

Background:  All UPGRADED systems were from 7.1p6 to 7.6.04SP1, and Oracle 10g
to 11g.  All NEW systems are 7.6.04SP1 with Oracle 11g.  All systems are
Solaris 10 for AR and Oracle.  We do not use AR Server Groups.

Thanks for any insight you may have regarding this issue.

Ken Leihkauff