Ken,

I haven't experienced this myself, but I would turn on SQL logs during both
imports and compare them.I know there are no errors in the log.but you may
be able to see something with close analysis.

From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arslist@ARSLIST.ORG] On Behalf Of Leihkauff, Kenneth G
Sent: Monday, December 19, 2011 8:33 AM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Problem Importing Definitions (7.6.04SP1)

**

Hello,

We are having peculiar symptoms when importing some definition files. (The
definition files were exported from a 7.6.04SP1 system.)

If I export a deployable application or a fairly large set of forms and
related workflow (say 40 forms), I am able to import the definitions into a
NEWLY installed AR 7.6.04SP1 system with no problems.  But, if I try to
import this same file into an UPGRADED 7.6.04SP1 system, the import fails.
There are no errors and the import appears to terminate normally, but
nothing is actually imported.  If I decrease the number of objects to 4 or 5
forms then it will import ok.  Again, notice that it works flawlessly with a
NEWLY installed AR 7.6 but only fails when trying to import to any of our
UPGRADED 7.6 systems.  All these upgraded systems appear to function and
perform properly from a user perspective.

While running the import against one of the upgraded 7.6 systems, I enabled
API and SQL logging, but there are no API or ORA errors.

Background:  All UPGRADED systems were from 7.1p6 to 7.6.04SP1, and Oracle
10g to 11g.  All NEW systems are 7.6.04SP1 with Oracle 11g.  All systems are
Solaris 10 for AR and Oracle.  We do not use AR Server Groups.

Thanks for any insight you may have regarding this issue.

Ken Leihkauff