From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arslist@ARSLIST.ORG] On Behalf Of Mauricio M.
Sent: Wednesday, January 04, 2012 2:42 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: Floating License Timeout - myths and facts

** Dave,

With that in mind, actually there is no "license timeout" functionality as we
all understand, is that right? if user is inactive for the timeout interval, I
would expect him to be flushed and not only get reverted to read-floating.

>From what you say, if you set a 1 hour timeout, if the user is inactive but
>returns to his session at the last moment, say 59m:59s and he has activity he
>could potentionally grab the token again and other users waiting "in line"
>will never get the token and have write access for long time....

This is odd, is this supposed to work this way? if users are not really flushed
after timeout, how is this controlled?

What you say about users could also get reverted to floating-write after
timeout, is also odd, since there would not be a real timeout funcionality at
all.

-Mauricio