From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arslist@ARSLIST.ORG] On Behalf Of Garrison, Sean (Norcross)
Sent: Thursday, January 05, 2012 14:53
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: POLL: would you like the user tool back (7.6.04)

My vote is No ....

If they remove the need for the user tool I will probably see the
following things from BMC:

1.  A core focus on making the web faster/more feature rich.
2.  The possibility of integrating the mid-tier with the application
server.  Which would make for simpler less complex installs.  Imagine
only having to install a .war file.
3.  Better support because resources would be focused on one platform
(java maybe?) instead of the multiple os platforms out there.
4.  No longer have to worry about users that have old user tools
installed.

>From my standpoint the only thing holding them back would be supporting
the legacy apps that use the C api but I'm sure BMC is smart enough to
figure it out.

Thanks,

Sean

_______