Theo

ARS is not the only rapid development platform.  For example, take a look at
this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FWUb_4XqHcw&feature=player_embedded

This is Mendix (http://www.mendix.com) which is an example of the new breed
of agile development tools.  Source control, yes; PaaS, yes; SaaS, yes;
Cloud or On-site deployment, yes... etc. Windows, Linux, yes; migrate
between platforms, yes; proper permissions modelling, yes; scalable, yes ...

I'm a good Remedy developer, but I can develop apps 2 or 3 times as quickly
on this platform as I can in Remedy.  We have a full ITSM suite written in
both ARS and in Mendix - virtually identical functionality.  Some things are
easier in ARS, many more are easier in Mendix, and one of the things I
really like about Mendix is that it has a fully-normalized data structure.

Not scripts for workflow, but visual modeling, but with full version
control.  There are other platforms out there too - so if what you want is
rapid and agile development tools, take a broader view of what's available
in the Market, it's not just 3GLs

Regards

David Sanders
Solution Architect