From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arslist@ARSLIST.ORG] On Behalf Of Brien Dieterle
Sent: Thursday, February 09, 2012 6:13 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Escalation trigger filters without modifying records?

I've got a lot of filters that do some "normalization" by setting some
key fields via a lookup.  This might be a bad idea, but I generally
create escalations that do some tidying up-- they just blast through all
the records and update a trigger field to trigger the modify filters.
Having all the records "last modified by AR_ESCALATOR" is starting to
irritate some of my colleagues, so I'd like to stop doing this.  Any
thoughts?  I've tried several ways to get an escalation to trigger the
modify actions without actually modifying the record-- without any
success.  I also definitely do not want to duplicate the code in the
modify actions and copy them into the escalation.

Thanks!

Brien