I assume to mean a custom Remedy app?

If so then I’ve done this a couple of times but each time the CMDB system had
Remedy Asset Management sat on top.

The two systems were separate so I added a tab to the bespoke helpdesk that
showed the related CI’s and invoked the standard CI search functionality from a
button.

As long as the users have logins to both systems (with the same password) you
can use active links quite effectively for this.

I don’t remember any significant difficulties but:

-          remember that the underlying CMDB forms are ugly (you’ll see the
instanceid, etc and you’ll be able to break things by modifying things like the
reconciliationidentity)

-          you may need to add permissions to the CMDB as, otb, you can only
get at things as a Remedy admin

-          you still need to have a CMDB license

-          you’ll still need AR licenses to modify CI’s

Cheers

Peter