From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arslist@ARSLIST.ORG] On Behalf Of Axton
Sent: Monday, February 27, 2012 9:53 AM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Remedy Table Recreation

First, some background information:
It used to be the case that certain operations would trigger Remedy to
recreate a database table:
- rename existing table
- create new table with the original name
- copy the data from the renamed table to the new table
- drop the renamed table

I remember altering the precision on a decimal field would trigger
this, and I seem to also remember something with currency fields.

Now for the issue:
We have applied changes to every table in the Remedy database to
define a primary key.  This primary key is used for Oracle Streams
replication to a target database.  If the table is recreated, the
primary key is dropped, which can cause Streams to choke if the table
contains a large volume of data.

Now for the question:
Does anyone know of an action that a user can perform through the
Remedy clients that will cause a table to be recreated in this manner?
 When I say "Remedy Clients" I am referring to Dev Studio, User Tool,
ITSM applications, mid-tier, or the Remedy API.

Relevant Environment Information:
- Oracle 11g
- ARServer 7.5
- Apps 7.5 (ITSM, CMDB, etc.)