From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arslist@ARSLIST.ORG] On Behalf Of Misi Mladoniczky
Sent: 27 February 2012 17:33
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: Remedy Table Recreation

Hi,

It depends on the database, where different vendors allow for different changes
with ALTER TABLE.

I think that if you go to/from 255 bytes in character lenght, this requires a
datatype change from VARCHAR to TEXT, which will trigger the operation.

For all practical purposes, it should be impossible for a person using the
normal user clients to cause this.

You would also need to have Admin or Sub Admin permissions to do anything like
that.

Products from RRR Scandinavia (Best R.O.I. Award at WWRUG10/11):