Let's see if I understood your case...

You have a search menu that is configured to look for in the form S (let's
give name to objects to ease of reading)

You place this search menu on the field F that is on form R.

So, you've got form R, that has field F, that has a search menu that search
in form S.

Menus, don't have read/write right, those rights are of field F. So I
understand that you want to change the rights over field F so the group
1000000140 has read/write access and the rest of groups has only read
access.

And also if you are not an administrator, the search menu doesn't display
the correct requests.

Am I right?

If I'm right, then I think I know what's happening to you. You need to give
access to group 1000000140 at the S form. If you set admin only rights to
this forms, the rest of user can't see the quests and also they can't use
correctly a search menu that uses this form.

Another thing is what I said in my first answer, you are not doing well the
LIKE clause. The correct like clause for the groups keyword is :  $GROUPS$
like "%;1000000140;%". If you don't write the semicolon, a group named
10000001401 will also have rights. And again, like other lister said, the
best way to qualify an active link is to restrict the rights. So set the
qualification blank and set the permissions of the active link to this
group, so only this group will execute the active link.

Regards,

Jose Huerta
http://theremedyforit.com/