As I see, you have to options:

1.- Figure out an SQL sentence that provides this information, (You can use
the audit). This sentence will be a high CPU and Mem consuming, since the
only solution I see is to  create a subquerys at the audit to see which log
recors are about priory and when this records mean a higher value or lower
value than the current value. Another option would be to get the first log
value, since it will contain the initial priority. Then you can create a
derived table at the universe designer anduse it. Every time you get a
report with some dimension of this table it will take long.

2.- Create a new field at HPD:Help Desk that reports the initial priority
value, populated at submit. So you can compare this value with the current
one to see if goes up or down.
Regards,

Jose Huerta
http://theremedyforit.com/