Those are all good suggestions. The winner seems to be Jose's long SQL
query idea, since it fits what data and systems Andrew has. All he has
to do now is to come up with the query language!

Moving forward, it would be easy enough to create some workflow that
fires on submit or modify if the Priority changes, that writes the
Priority value and the associated record ID to a new table. You can
also have a column in that table tell you what kind of change happened
to the Priority - did it go up or down, was it from Medium to High,
ect, moving the heavy lifting SQL to the front end, with the added
advantage of knowing if the Priority was changed more than once in a
particular ticket. Then your Analytics query would run a lot faster. I
would do it this way because I haven't figured out how to run decent
subqueries yet.

Drew
Soto Cano Air Base
Honduras