From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList) [arslist@ARSLIST.ORG] on
behalf of Axton [axton.gr...@gmail.com]
Sent: Saturday, March 24, 2012 12:13 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: Kinetic Request at WalMart

** Publicly traded companies are much easier to acquire.  It takes less
convincing and more coercing.  With a private company, there is usually a
person or small group of people that have to be convinced to sell, and it's not
always about the money; i.e., you can't buy what is not for sale.

Oracle buying Sun is a good thing?  I'm sad to see that so many great things
have died or are dying on the vine.  I'm sad to see the people that made or use
these technologies alienated from them. Most of the talent that made those
things what they are seem to have left the building.
http://blogs.computerworld.com/16741/oracle_dumps_opensolaris
http://www.oracle.com/us/support/library/hardware-systems-support-policies-069182.pdf
http://www.infoworld.com/d/the-industry-standard/suns-stars-where-are-they-now-and-why-did-they-leave-765
http://www.itbusinessedge.com/cm/blogs/enderle/oracle-s-40-percent-hardware-slide-is-sun-doa/?cs=46335
http://www.androidpolice.com/2011/12/20/oracle-claims-android-is-stealing-javas-traditionally-strong-phone-tv-and-tablet-market-share-really-guys/
http://www.java.net/forum/topic/javadesktop/java-desktop-technologies/java-3d/unsigned-entry-j3dcorejar

My two cents.

Axton Grams

On Sat, Mar 24, 2012 at 9:40 AM, Guillaume Rheault