Everyone,

My error in reading.  But, my answer was correct if the question was about
data!!!!!

Now about structures, we have an issue about what last modified is about.  It
can be used for a number
of different things.

In one case, a critical use is for the server to tell when there has been a
change to the structure definition
of the server.

Well, when you load a new object from another environment, it is NEW to the
current environment.
Keeping the date from that other environment will not allow the current server
to see that it is a new
object as it uses that timestamp to tell when it was new.  When you are
checking to see if you are up to
date for a given definition, that timestamp is critical for the clients or the
server itself to tell that things
are changed.

I understand the use of this value can be something else.   And, that is valid.
 But, to be able to meet both
needs would require two different timestamps and we have only one at this time.

So, the idea is a valid one, but we need to use the timestamp for the purpose
that the system uses it
today as it is a fundamental part of the sync/update of definitions between
clients and servers.  At this
time, you would need to capture the data you are looking for in another place
(maybe the change diary
where you should be documenting what changes you are making and the timestamps
there will be
retained over a transfer).

Just an explanation of the reason the structure timestamp works the way it does
and why it has to be that
way.

Doug Mueller