Hi,

Using arschema.nextId is not a good idea, as nowadays the default behavior
in 7.6.04 is to commit that value in chunks of 100, and pick from the
memory-based list within the AR Server process.

In the old days, when the request id was increased in steps of 1 without
any gaps, this would have worked.

I have NO IDEA why BMC does not give us the request id in phase 1 in
7.6.04, at least if Next-ID-Commit:T is set in the ar.cfg (which is also
the default value of 7.6.04).

They could even give us a $PROCESS$ @@:GetNextID call that would reserve
and set the Request ID on the client side. It makes no sense barring us
from setting the Request ID in New-Mode using ACTL:s any longer.

Products from RRR Scandinavia (Best R.O.I. Award at WWRUG10/11):