Would someone be kind enough to verify this before I report it?

I am on ARS 7.6.03.

Create a Character field of length 30 or so (less than the length that enables
the Expand Box by default which is 69 I think..). Assign the display property
of Edit Masked to it.. Try it out, on the WUT and or the MT and it should work
ok..

Change the length of this field to a length that the Expand box gets enabled
automatically. I changed mine to 254 or 255 – I don’t recall the exact.. Test
that field out on the WUT (haven’t tested on web yet.) When typing in the
contents it is masked... Tab out of the field and tab back in and you can see
the text in clear text..

I know that an Edit Masked field just masks the characters of a field. It does
not actually encrypt its contents – so I have no confusion about that.. Just
putting that out there....

Does this happen for you guys too? If so, what version(s) are you’ll on??

I’ll report it to BMC after I verify this is a consistent problem..

Joe