Hi Fred,

Thanks for the tip about hwclock. I had no idea.
My Mid-tier (and thus webservices) are running on a Linux VM.

Can you tell from the following if my system is set correctly? I am unable
to locate any hardware clock settings on the VSphere client that I have
access to, but I have limited permissions.

cat /etc/sysconfig/clock

ZONE="America/New_York"
UTC=true

/sbin/hwclock -ru

Mon 30 Apr 2012 07:55:32 PM EDT  -0.650259 seconds

cat /etc/adjtime

0.000000 1316200184 0.000000
1316200184
UTC