Hi Fred,

I did as you suggested below but it did not resolve the problem.

I also contacted one of the folks who maintain our virtual infrastructure
to ask if the clock on the actual hardware was set to UTC or to local time.
He said that he thought it was set to UTC and went on to say that he didn't
really see how it could matter since the guest VM doesn't really have any
direct access to the real hardware. He indicated that the VM only sees the
abstracted environment, which he indicated should be presenting UTC.

I rebooted the VM and checked the BIOS settings. The clock was set to UTC.

Thanks for any other suggestions or insights you might have.
Larry