I can't say I have noticed this..

Another thought I just had is.. where do you have your AR System home folder?? A network share? Does the network 'drop' the share connectivity when not in use? That could explain why it is taking those few moments.

If you have your home on a network share, try changing that and see if it makes a difference..

Joe

-----Original Message----- From: David Durling Sent: Tuesday, May 08, 2012 10:20 AM Newsgroups: public.remedy.arsystem.general
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: 764 User Tool Delay

I've seen the same thing with the 7.5 patch 007 user tool, and one of our units considered it a bug and downgraded back to a 6.x client - it appears related to the version of the user tool. I wonder if all of the newer clients exhibit this behavior?

David Durling
University of Georgia

-----Original Message-----
From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arslist@ARSLIST.ORG] On Behalf Of Frank Caruso
Sent: Tuesday, May 08, 2012 10:17 AM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: 764 User Tool Delay

ARS 764 sp2
User Tool 764 sp3

We can log in quickly and access all the non ITSM specific forms using the
User Tool without issue: people, support, locations, organizations,etc. We
will be using the User Tool for foundation data maintenance only. However,
we are finding that if left idle for a few minutes, there is a roughly 60 second
delay when reconnecting. For example, run a query displaying all support
groups, toggle to another application, return to the user tool after a few
minutes and it will lock up for about a minute. User does not have to log back
in but just wait for the system to come back. This does not happen in the
midtier.

Any thoughts?

Thank you.