From: Nancy Tietz
Sent: Friday, May 18, 2012 9:56 AM
Newsgroups: public.remedy.arsystem.general
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Where is procedure for inactivating a Remedy User?

**
Happy Friday to all!

I’m trying to understand how to “correctly” inactivate a user in ITSM 7.6.03 –
who was a Support Person and has a lot of Knowledge articles etc. assigned to
them.   I can’t find documentation on that.

Anyone have the procedure? or know where it is? or if there is one available
from BMC?

Thank you for any help!

PS:  The reason is, we’ve found that Articles that are Assigned To this old
user cannot be ‘retired’ by current users with Knowledge Admin / Knowledge User
permissions.  (The old user is still ‘enabled’ but has been changed to a
Non-Support Staff and all permissions were removed, - I assume there were
problems actually setting this old user to ‘Offline’… )