I just now submitted the question to BMC support to see what they say about
it.

I’ll let the list know.

A system like this should have a procedure defined for support users moving
on to greener pastures, in my opinion.

I’ve heard other people here have had to Manually re-assign tickets to
themselves from a person who was leaving.  That doesn’t seem right.  Also
the old user for Knowledge documents really accumulated a lot of them! >400
- So he will live on, perpetually assigned to Knowledge Articles that have
outdated instructions…. (I’m kidding!)

The error message (non-admin) KM users get is ARERR 170083, and I found the
filter that calls it via ARUtilities.

I’ve looked at the articles in ARUtilities>SQL and found 20+ fields that
include the old user’s LoginID or Full Name in the RKM form!  So it seems
like a bad idea to use an Escalation or SQL to update those fields to
another users loginid/name.

Thanks!