Nate,
We started in your configuration, but are currently configured per the
document you attached and continue tweaking it per direction from BMC
support.  Our hope was it would improve performance AND clear the lock
issue, but the lock problem seems more solid in this configuration.  Now
when the problem occurs, we have to restart arsystem on both servers to
clear it.  Before it only seemed to affect the secondary server.

On your questions, the account Remedy is running under is in the
Administrators group on each server.  Both servers have been restarted
repeatedly as configurations change.

I don't like having the primary as the single point of failure, but I'm
not fond of performance issues either.  Right now we're just trying to
find something that works.  Luckily we are still testing in QA and working
towards an early July go-live so still have a little time to test.

I just got off the phone with support and will be testing some changes
tonight.  More tomorrow...

Thanks!
Dennis

Nathan Aker <nathan_a...@mcafee.com>
<arslist@ARSLIST.ORG>
05/31/2012 10:22 AM
Please respond to
arslist@ARSLIST.ORG

arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
cc

Subject
Re: 7.6.04 Full Text Search problems

**
Dennis, we?re running 7.6.04 in a server group against a shared FTS
collection directory.  While we have had to do a lot of tuning related to
plugin server performance, we?re not seeing the error you have below.   A
few things to validate:

1.       Do you have the collection directories setup on a shared drive,
with both servers pointed at the share?
2.       Do you have Remedy running under a user account that also has
full write access to the shared drive where the FTS collection directories
are housed?
3.       Did you restart both ARS servers after repointing to the share?

This config is working for us, though we are facing some performance
issues.   We are currently evaluating the attached config changes document
which effectively relocates the FTS plugin from each server in the server
group to one primary server.   While I?m not a fan of the fact that it
basically creates a single point of failure and negates the benefits of
the server group in regards to the FTS function, it is BMC?s latest
recommendation to us and may get you past the locking issue as it would
make all FTS plugins run on the same server.

I?m happy to review any deeper configuration questions with you on this
based on our experience.  We?ve had to tinker a lot with FTS so I?m
painfully aware of the details of our environment in this respect. Thanks.
 Nate.

Nathan Aker
ITSM Solution Architect
McAfee, Inc.