Dennis, we're running 7.6.04 in a server group against a shared FTS collection
directory.  While we have had to do a lot of tuning related to plugin server
performance, we're not seeing the error you have below.   A few things to
validate:

1.       Do you have the collection directories setup on a shared drive, with
both servers pointed at the share?

2.       Do you have Remedy running under a user account that also has full
write access to the shared drive where the FTS collection directories are
housed?

3.       Did you restart both ARS servers after repointing to the share?

This config is working for us, though we are facing some performance issues.
We are currently evaluating the attached config changes document which
effectively relocates the FTS plugin from each server in the server group to
one primary server.   While I'm not a fan of the fact that it basically creates
a single point of failure and negates the benefits of the server group in
regards to the FTS function, it is BMC's latest recommendation to us and may
get you past the locking issue as it would make all FTS plugins run on the same
server.

I'm happy to review any deeper configuration questions with you on this based
on our experience.  We've had to tinker a lot with FTS so I'm painfully aware
of the details of our environment in this respect.   Thanks.  Nate.

Nathan Aker
ITSM Solution Architect
McAfee, Inc.