I didn't know this was even a feature supported by the mid-tier.. Try changing the 'Layout Editable by User' to False on the Appearance attributes section of the form properties, and see if that makes a difference..

Joe

-----Original Message----- From: David Durling Sent: Friday, June 01, 2012 11:15 AM Newsgroups: public.remedy.arsystem.general
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Hiding 'resize handle' character fields on midtier

Hi all,

Character fields on our Remedy forms when seen in browsers like Firefox and I think Chrome (not IE) show a little handle at the bottom right that you can drag to resize the field. Here's a link with a discussion about the handles and a screenshot to show what I mean:

http://www.electrictoolbox.com/disable-textarea-resizing-safari-chrome/

I've had complaints/questions about that, since it appears on all character fields regardless of size, and maybe the users expect the other fields to dynamically wrap around the resized field - which is not what happens. This also looks bad if you have a display field with Display as Text set to "True" - there's no box, but just the handle sitting out there.

Is there a way to configure the form fields or AR System to tell the browser not to display these handles?

AR System and midtier  7.5 patch 007, tomcat/apache

Thanks,

David
---
David Durling