From: Jason Miller [mailto:jason.mil...@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, June 13, 2012 12:30 PM
Subject: Re: Migration from Solaris/Oracle to Windows/MSSQL

** For the data move there is also Meta-Update.  It isn't as free as RRR|Chive
but very flexible.  If you are moving like for like ITSM version (you didn't
mention the versions or if it is even ITSM) then  RRR|Chive will do the trick.
If you need to massage data, relationships, CMDB classes, roles and permission
groups when going from an older version of ITSM to a newer one the Meta-Update
maybe worth it.

http://www.softwaretoolhouse.com/product/SthMupd/index.html

No matter what using a tool that goes through the Remedy api is the way to go.
If you did a the conversion at the db level that conversion will always be held
in question if problems arise down the road (aka that method is not supported
by BMC).

Jason
On Wed, Jun 13, 2012 at 6:51 AM, Misi Mladoniczky