I am not an expert with the BO but recently had to self learn while trying
to deploy BMC Analytics solution.
I am assuming  you are using BO with BMC Analytics.
When BO is installed it has two options
a) Installer installs  a small MySQL dirby database within the BO
installation to store BO related meta data.
b) Use a different data base that is managed separately like if you have
defined your own database to use with BO.

Incase if you have used option 1, the production refresh should not impact
BO at all because all the meta data is stored locally on the BO server.
If you used option 2, the production refresh to dev should not impact BO if
you only copied ARAdmin schema.
But if your DBA moved the BO schema also from prod to dev then it makes
sense that your dev BO is now pointing to prod remedy.

What you can do is, launch your dev BO Designer tool and reimport the ITSM
universe and just change the connection parameters and specify the dev
oracle connection parameters..
That way all your dev BO reports will now get the data from your dev remedy
database.