Not sure how I can follow up one of the Doug's but two Dougs is just too
much!
I think they both laid out the facts pretty well.
The one thing I'll comment on is implementation time. I don't see how you
can calculate that unless you say, "No customizations, straight out of the
box" which is almost never the case. With the BMC solution, you can tailor
the app to your business processes straight down to the look and feel of
the app itself. However, doing this will add time to your implementation
and testing. This is not just BMC, but across the board amongst any
application. So I think that each implementation is unique unless you
restrict your customers to accepting what the app provides rather than
tailor it to their needs.
Also, not that I want to bash on Service Now, but I was recruited by them a
few months back. During that process, I was flown out to their HQ in San
Diego and learned that the position was an internal one. They needed
someone to implement ServiceNow WITHIN ServiceNow. I thought that was
amusing in that they weren't really adopting their own technology until
recently. The driver for this was to use it as a marketing tool.
Happy 4th everyone!

On Wed, Jul 4, 2012 at 5:55 AM, Sachin <sachin.namjo...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello Experts,
>

> I am looking into resources for comparing BMC Remedy ITSM Vs Service Now.
>
> But, we have to admit that BMC's RoD  SaaS solution is not competing
> anywhere  with Service Now ITSM SaaS Solution. ( The comparative figures of
> both solutions tells everyone real story).
>
> I am wondering how BMC Remedy on premise ITSM can beat Service now since
> RoD,RemedyForce solution is also not giving any real fight to Service Now
> due to number of reasons.
>
> I can think of following parameters while comparing Remedy ITSM Vs Service
> Now.
>

> a) License Cost  - Remedy ITSM licensing cost structure is too high as
> compared to Service now licensing cost.SNOW charges licenses as per usage.
>

> b) Implementation timelines  - Service now holds edge over Remedy ITSM
> since they have instance based implementation. ( Service Now still haven't
> tested ITSM upgrade roadblocks)
>

> c) Customization Ease - Remedy ITSM will win over this point since their
> ITSM source code is open to customized for customers.
>

> d) Support and Maintenance Costs - Service now holds edge over Remedy in
> this point.
>

> I am wondering how BMC win deals over SNOW.  What are strong selling
> points of BMC Remedy ITSM over SNOW?
>

> Regards,
>
> Sachin

*Tauf Chowdhury