From: Logan, Kelly
Sent: Wednesday, September 26, 2012 11:29 AM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: CMDB CI and relationship templates

Hello all,

I have a question about Atrium CMDB and Asset Management 7.6.4 - I have noted
that there is a functionality called Configuration that lets you record the
financial information for a set of assets and link it to specific CIs, but is
there anything similar that allows you to record standard structural
configurations (CI and relationships)? Or do I need to go to Configuration
Management to get that?

Say I want to create template for all new application servers that includes a
virtual server with 2Mb memory, two network ports, 60 Gb drive resource on a
SAN server, and the relationships between each, is there a place for this?

One thought that does occur to me is that I could set up a 'template' dataset,
put in these configurations as CIs and relationships, and then when I wanted to
create one, have a reconcile job that merges but does not delete the 'template'
CI/relationships.

Has anyone tried this, or is there a better way that's already built in?

Kelly Logan, Sr. Systems Administrator (Remedy, Planview), GMS
ProQuest | 789 E. Eisenhower Parkway, P.O. Box 1346 | Ann Arbor MI 48106-1346
USA | 734.997.4777
kelly.lo...@proquest.com<mailto:kelly.lo...@proquest.com>
www.proquest.com

ProQuest...Start here. 2012 InformationWeek 500 Top Innovator

you have received this email in error please notify the sender, and delete the
message from your computer.