To add a little more info... we upgraded our QA environment that wasn't
being used at the time. QA has different servers for DB, app and web, all
2008. I experienced the change in clarity from my Win 7 PC. I compared our
7.6.04 test environment to pre-GA 8.0 QA environment side by side in IE8 on
my PC. Once we reverted QA back to 7.6.04 the two systems looked the same
side by side.

Again this was pre-GA and haven't tried the GA 8.0 yet so it may have been
fix in GA or patch 1. Point being I experienced something similar with a
change server-side not client-side. (I thought I was crazy at first too)

Jason