I would it would be that this is not difficult or time consuming.

You should be able to add some custom filters to push required data into
the notification engine. This would include a lookup of a custom side
table to determine the group to use. This lookup could be based on the
categorisation and priority. Example filters would be the
HPD:INC:NTxxx_8xx_SetTag and HPD:INC:NTxxxxChk_8xx filter sets

Add required data into the SYS:Notification and other tables to allow
the engine to find templates and fill them in. this would also require
custom filters for the engine if the fields you wish to resolve aren't
available OOTB.

I have done this for email generated SMS's and its not complicated. Once
the group and the template are known then the engine does rest of the
work. basically you are  amending the notification engine but only
slightly.

It would be difficult to use the SLM engine and I would not go there

Stuart Schon
Service Desk Systems - Manager

Fujitsu Australia Limited
2 Julius Avenue, North Ryde NSW 2113, Australia
T +61 2 9113 9435 M +61 458 592 245
stuart.sc...@au.fujitsu.com <mailto:stuart.sc...@au.fujitsu.com>
au.fujitsu.com <http://au.fujitsu.com>