The CWE database does a good job of enumerating and outlining various
weaknesses in applications.  For this specific case, see CWE-209.

http://cwe.mitre.org/data/definitions/209.html

The pen-testing tools that are out there wrap around these commonly agreed
upon weaknesses to generate a report of issues or potential issues.  Manual
pen-testing takes the same approach.

Axton Grams