We dont use any tool do it manually and it is working for us. ARS 7604 sp3 SQL
Windows

Backup
 -License
 -AIE Settings (Data exchange and AIE instance)
 -Email Configuration

Copy Database

Restore
 -License
 -Email setting
 -AIE settings
 -Change CAI Application Registry for server name-SRM
 -SRM mid tier link -Application settings-SRM
 -update server name on SRS_CFGAdvanceInterface-SRM
 -Update Server ranking form for server name -Server Group

Read somewhere that copying the FTS conf and Collection directory will reduce
the time needed for reindexing and improve performance but have not tried that
in our environment.Not seen any performance issues so far.

Ravi.