Ron - was looking for something else but found this on BMC's site

https://kb.bmc.com/infocenter/index?page=content&id=KA298073&actp=search
&viewlocale=en_US&searchid=1357237212596

From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arslist@ARSLIST.ORG] On Behalf Of Pargeter, Christie :CO IS
Sent: Thursday, January 03, 2013 9:48 AM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: Add status reason to "In Progress" status

**

I haven't done a status reason for Incident but I have for Change.  Did
you update the SYS:Status Reason Menu Items form?  You will have to add
a record there.  If you want it to show in the flow bar you will have to
add records to the VIS:ProcessFlowStructureSetup form.

Don't forget the Interface form too.