I think it would be a great thing to learn about Kinetic products…

In fact -- we are holding our annual user convention Kinetic Enthusiasts
Group (KEG) at the end of Feb in Colorado.

http://www.kineticdata.com/Events/KEG.html

At KEG - you will learn about all the Kinetic products - and the Kinetic
philosophy. (which BTW - reuse is KING -- is a core philosophy)
(Ever see a set of filters shared on the ARSList? -- very rare -- because
the foundation is not built for reuse (tied to fieldIDs) -- which means
every company gets to cross the same barriers/pain as the next company --
bad plan IMHO)

Kinetic is built to be extended within the framework -- so we can all share
:)
As example:
Active Directory:
http://community.kineticdata.com/20_Kinetic_Task/Task_Handlers/Active_Directory

Yammer:
http://community.kineticdata.com/20_Kinetic_Task/Task_Handlers/Yammer

Also at KEG - there will be plenty of customers who are using or are
evaluating Remedy On Demand - so you could talk to companies who are in the
trenches and find their responses/reactions.

Also -- you will find plenty of companies who have tried other SRM products
(BMC/NewScale specifically) -- and have chosen to move to Kinetic.

Feel free to ask them why it was a good idea (or a bad idea) -- maybe it
can save your company thousands/millions of $.

We recently had a customer win a multi billion $ project -- which they
claim was heavily due to Kinetic Request (BTW - I did say Billion). ***
Take note BMC :)

The situation in the SRM world is -- each product has it's +/- -- and
knowing up front those +/- can help guide you to a better path.

Maybe BMC SRM is good for you -- maybe it is not. Maybe NewScale is good
for you -- maybe it is not.

Maybe Kinetic Request is good for you -- maybe it is not.

The thing I find is - that nearly all companies that switch from product X
to Kinetic Request -- did it for reasons that were predictable upfront.
(And most are for: flexibility, business agility, risk management, general
manageability, and upgradeability)

These are not things that a simple dot version upgrade can address - these
are core issues -- maybe your company cares about them -- maybe they don't.

See you at KEG ;)

KEG - Mon-Wed -- foundation training, Thu-Fri -- getting jiggy with it :)

-John