From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arslist@ARSLIST.ORG] On Behalf Of David Durling
Sent: Thursday, February 21, 2013 7:17 AM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: $MENU$ pattern Problem in Remedy 7.6

Heba,

If someone hasn't mentioned already, you could try setting the Display Type
property of the field to "Drop-Down List".  That should only allow people to
select from the list.

I had some issue with $MENU$ a while back, maybe on 6.x - but maybe it was
my fault (user error).  If you want to pursue it, maybe check the patches
for your version to see -

David Durling
University of Georgia

Are, and have been for 20 years"