Since I don't know what version you're on or where you are specifically,
I'll take a stab and guess that you're within the change request itself.
It's probably an Open Window action on an Active Link that is bringing over
the fields and you'd have to check to see if it is bringing over the Notes
field.

Sent from my iPhone