 Date: Wed, 6 Mar 2013 16:13:19 +0000
From: nkst...@sandia.gov
Subject: Re: [EXTERNAL] Re: Related release from change
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG

**

Abdulrahman:

Here’s what may sound like a crazy question for you – do you have a
double-quote in the Summary of your change request?  We found that if there is
one, we are unable
 to create related ticket types of all sorts, from incidents to change
requests, etc., though the problem may exist with other modules.  We have not
specifically tested release tickets, as we are not using release management.

What happens is that when we go to create the related ticket, not only does the
 Notes field not get copied over, but all characters in the Summary past the
first
 double-quote get truncated, and Impact, Urgency, and Priority are not brought
over as well.  We can fill all of that in, but when we go to submit the ticket,
we get an error that says, “Required field cannot be blank: Submitter (ARERR
326)”.

The workaround we’ve found is to cancel out of the related ticket we are trying
to create, then remove the double-quote from the Summary, save the ticket, then
 try creating the related ticket again.  Apparently the double-quote gets
interpreted as a SQL delimiter and cuts off several of the fields it is
supposed to copy over for the related ticket creation.

I don’t know if this is your problem or not, but I thought I’d at least mention
it so you can investigate it if it sounds relevant. We are on ITSM 7.6.04 SP2.

Good luck and best regards,

Natalie Stroud
SAIC @ Sandia National Laboratories
ARS-ITSM Tester
Albuquerque, NM USA
nkst...@sandia.gov
ITSM 7.6.04 SP2 – Windows 2003 – SQL Server 2008